The Editor-in-Chief is the most senior editor and has overall responsibility of the journal. In addition to carrying out the administrative responsibilities of the journal, the Editor-in-Chief has the final say in decisions regarding journal content, resolution of complaints or appeals and final decision of the reviewed manuscripts.
Ahmed Awadein, MD. Professor of Ophthalmology, Cairo University
Tamer Elraggal, MD. Professor of Ophthalmology, Ain Shams University
The team of associate editors are responsible for researching topics for editorials, planning editorial calendars, carrying out primary evaluation of the manuscript for journal suitability, liaison with authors, reviewers and other board members, coordinating peer review and performing developmental editing and proof check on the manuscripts. They take the full responsibility if an article belongs to the editor in Chief.
- Professor Dr. Dalal Shawki, Professor of Ophthalmology, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt.
- Professor Dr. Ahmed AbuElenien, Professor of Ophthalmology- Military Medical Academy, Egypt.
Editorial board members
The committee of editorial board members comprises of eminent members from Universities all over Egypt and are experts in all the sub-specialties of Ophthalmology. The responsibilities include assisting the editors in reviewing the submitted manuscripts and providing inputs to the Editor-in-Chief on managing issues of scientific misconduct, plagiarism, complaints and appeals. Additional responsibilities include researching content for guest editorials, editing guest editorials, promoting the journal and attracting manuscripts from the local geographic region of the country.
- Professor Dr. Ahmed Ghoneim (Professor of Ophthalmology- Tanta University) Tanta Egypt.
- Professor Dr. Ahmed Mostafa Ismail: (Professor of Ophthalmology- Mansoura University) Mansoura Egypt.
- Professor Dr. Hosni Hassan: (Professor of Ophthalmology- Al Azhar University) Cairo Egypt.
- Professor Dr. Ibrahim Taha El Adawy (Professor of Ophthalmology- Mansoura University) Mansoura Egypt.
- Professor Dr.Khaled Mourad (Professor of Ophthalmology- Minia University) Minia Egypt..
- Professor Dr. Mahmoud Ismail (Professor of Ophthalmology- AlAzhar University) Cairo Egypt.
- Professor Dr. Magdi Morshed: (Professor of Ophthalmology- Zagazig University) Zagazig Egypt.
- Professor Dr. Mohamed ElSebaay (Professor of Ophthalmology- Suez Canal University) Ismailia Egypt.
- Professor Dr. Omar ElShabrawy (Professor of Ophthalmology- Zagazig University) Zagazig Egypt.
- Professor Dr. Sadek Maaly (Professor of Ophthalmology- Zagazig University) Zagazig Egypt.
International advisory board
The committee comprises of international members with extensive knowledge and experience in Ophthalmology. The members are selected on the basis of their proficiency in the field of Ophthalmology. By serving on this committee, they guide, promote and advocate the journal future. In addition, this committee also plays a role in identifying topics for special issues and provide guest editorials.
- Professor Dr. Albert Daxer: (Professor of Ophthalmology- Medical University of Innsbruck) Austria
- Professor Dr. Amar Agarwal: (Chairman of Agarwal Eye Hospital & Research center India) India
- Professor Dr. Amr Salah: (Professor of Ophthalmology- Cairo University) Egypt
- Professor Dr. Harminder Dua: (Chair & Professor of Ophthalmology- Nottingham University) England
- Professor Dr. Lezheng Wu (professor and doctoral supervisor of Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center of Sun Yat-Sen University, China.
- Professor Dr. Nagahisa Yoshimura: (Professor & Chairman of Ophthalmology & Visual sciences Kyoto- University) Japan
- Professor Dr. S. Natarajan: (Professor of Ophthalmology- Director of Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital) India
- Professor Dr. M. Ramamurthy: (Professor of Ophthalmology- The Eye Foundation) India
- Professor Dr. Suleyman Kaynak: (Professor of Ophthalmology- Dokuz Eylul University) Turkey